Can your business afford to pay €20 million as the financial penalty for the breach of personal data?
Here are the few of the real-world challenges that we have learned over a decade of our customer interactions:
- Personal Data in Cloud: The responsibility of personal data is no longer lies with the principle only. Data in the cloud brings more risk to privacy and requires stringent control over storage, processing and disposal of personal data.
- Data Owner on Driving Seat: The laws and regulations are evolving to give the data owner more power and control over their personal information (like EU’s GDPR or California Consumer Privacy Act). Not only that but also, they can request for disposal, ask for reasons of retaining their data and if the organization is using personal data for intended purposes.
- Impact of Data Breach: The financial penalty for a personal data breach can reach up to €20 million (GDPR). Organization’s reputation can be at risk and in case of Government related entity, results can affect nations.
How can Kinverg enable value?
Kinverg can provide advisory services to implement GDPR, ISO 27701 (Privacy Information Management) and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) or any other applicable privacy related control mandate.
- Identification of Personal Data and Related Assets: Identifying the personal data, associated assets used to store, process and manage this data. Evaluating the all incoming and outgoing routes for the personal data
- Data Privacy Controls Assessment: Conducting a comprehensive review of existing data privacy controls assessment. Evaluating the privacy controls of third-parties (like Cloud Service Providers, Outsourcing Partners etc.)
- Enabling DPO (Data Privacy Officer ) Role and Function: DPO serves as the single point of contact for managing the overall
We at Kinverg believe that the best of the methodology can fail if the right people are not working on it. We have some of the most experienced and qualified Consulting Team in the region with over 2000 hours of consulting work to their credit. Our team has GDPR / CCPA, CGEIT, CISA, CISSP, CEH, CISM, PMP, COBIT-5, ITIL and ISO-27001/ISO-22301 Lead Auditors certifications at their credit. They are regular speakers at international forums on IT Risk, Governance and Compliance.